Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cuttlebug Challenge #8: Wax Resist

This week's task over at Cuttlebug Challenge was to use crayons and do a wax resist. I loved this technique when I was little and was very happy to buy a box of crayons (can you believe we didn't have any???) and get cracking.

This card cracked me up. I did the embossing and then went over the raised area with a white crayon. I had bought some butterscotch color wash and thought it was brown. Imagine my surprise when it came out a bright egg yolk yellow. I had to switch gears a bit but love the end result.



This one is another simple Christmas card. Instead of spraying on and wiping off ink I just dabbed chalk ink over the background with a cotton pad.



Thanks ladies for a very fun challenge.

Supplies:

Cuttlebug
Embossing folders: snowflake and textile
Adirondack color wash
Basic Grey paper and button
Bazzil Card stock
MME: Rhinestones
Stamp: Purple Onion Designs
twine

8 comments:

Allison said...

lovely cards, thanks for joining us this week
Cuttlehugs
AllisonX

CathyR said...

Very pretty. How do you find time to keep up with all the message boards? It seems like I spend all my time on the computer and not much time scrapping.

Laura said...

I looove both cards! they are beautiful.

craft mad Jenny said...

2 great cards - the first one is really funky!

lauren bergold said...

WOW!!! these are sooooooooooo cool! i love the crayon technique thingie...not to mention...the awesome results!

Maria Matter said...

wow, these resist cards turned out beautiful! great job!
Blessings, Maria

Diggy's Boy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diggy's Boy said...

I like the blue of the snow flakes and the butterfly one was all a round good.