Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cowgirl Pin-Up Cards

This is my second set of swap cards. This time I used Retro Cowgirls, I think this is my favorite stamp set in the world and it's always the one I suggest when people ask me which Bombshell Stamps set to buy first. Whenever I'm not feeling creative, the cowgirls are who I reach for.

After last weeks Caardvarks/Core'dination blog hop I was really, really excited about using some of the cool two-sided cardstock. I highly recommend it, it has a great feel and grip to it.

Here is the card with Bazzil:


And here are my swap cards using the Core'dination paper. The embossing takes a much bolder role:


Hope you're having a great weekend and hello to all the Willows :-)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This just make me laugh! Great job

Karrie Baker said...

I love these Nicole!!!

Heather said...

Love it! Very cheeky. And that CS does a great job with the embossing.

Sassy Pam said...

These are great! Love the embossed cardstock! :O)

Kathi said...

Very cool. I love the cuttlebugged texture background. Very elegant, yet rustic look that is just perfect for the Retro Cowgirl.

Julie said...

oh my goodness those are way cute!!!

WriterGirl said...

Great cards girlie! Love those old school cowgirl pinups!

Lori Gentile said...

whoa! These rock! I love them. You would die if you were here. We have this great brewery at the beach and inside the ladies room are these old pin up girl cards and they have been altered with man-hating words (just the opposite of how women really were in those days). Like "I think I'll go shopping and let him clean his toilet!". They are super cool. Your work reminds me of them.

itsallrosi said...

these are wonderful. good advice for a 1st set of bombshells

LisaNRoxy said...

Oh Nicole - I just love your work. These cards re just awesome. I have a stamp close to this one and I think I am going to give it a go - mind if I lift your card? I just love your design, the embossing and how you color! How do you feel? How did the appt go? I have been thinking about you and sending you peaceful painfree thoughts!! Hugs L.

Unknown said...

Whoa Nicole. These came out great. Love the texture!