Tuesday, May 11, 2010

5 Dollar Craft Challenge Finalist Round-up


The local morning show, Studio 5, is hosting a 5 Dollar Craft Competition and I'm a finalist with my paper towel flower wreath (click for tutorial). The people from KSL chose the five finalists and now it is up to viewers, friends and family to vote for the best project and the winner will get a Silhouette.

*SQUEAL*

Since I felt really uncomfortable saying, "Vote for me" - when all the projects are truly awesome; I decided to share them with you. Then you can vote for the one that you like that best embodies the spirit of a 5 Dollar Craft Challenge (admittedly, I hope you pick mine).

You can VOTE HERE on the right hand side of the page - I'm #2 :-)

Now let me introduce the other finalists and their clever, creative and cost-effective projects:

Paige Hansen made these adorable felt baby booties. Look at all that embroidery and detail. Great job Paige! She's #1



Elizabeth Evans sewed up this sassy Hot Pink Tulle Skirt using tulle, broadcloth and a whole lot of layers. She's #3


Imagine this Chair Planter by Deborah Raymond in your garden or on your porch - so cute! She's #4


And  Kami Watson of Sweet Charli (I'm a fan) made these fashionable Ruffle Flip Flops, she's #5.



Now you've seen the great stuff these ladies and I have made - go and cast your vote.

Thanks in advance for helping make this contest such an exciting experience for me.

5 comments:

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Again, good luck! Looks like you're neck and neck with Paige! Such cute projects!

Maggi said...

Nope, yours is the best. LOL I voted! :D Good luck!

Carmen said...

What a fab competition. I *think* I voted also and I genuinely liked yours the best - in fact it's something I hope to have a go at myself :P

Unknown said...

Good Luck...I LOVE that wreath! Also, you won the lamp giveaway! e-mail me at craftaway@gmail.com so I can give you the details :) congrats!

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Hey girl,
Just voted for you :) Looks like you're winning too!! yay! Hope you get that silhouette! I have one and LOVE it.
happy crafting,
Linda