Monday, October 24, 2011

Love Stump: My 1st Hand Carved Stamp

This weekend I was at Spark the event and our first class was with April Meeker and we learned how to carve stamps. I was really nervous about this class as I was imagining an unintended trip to the emergency room for stitches as I'm a huge klutz. Turns out I was worried for nothing and it was my very favorite class simply because this is a technique I can see using at least weekly in my crafting.

Here's the stamp I carved:



I couldn't wait to get it inky this morning and see how it looks on different materials. So I made

Note Cards:



Ornaments (Denim!)


Tags




Yeah... I'm kinda crushin' on that stamp.

In case you're scratching your head and wondering about all the unusual simplicity displayed here; I'm getting ready for a craft fair so I'm trying to pare my usual style down to manageable projects. It's fun mocking-up my ideas and deciding which ones to run with and which don't make the grade. 

6 comments:

CathyR said...

Such a cool stamp. Love the cards and tags. Good luck with the craft fair.

Dolly Daydreams said...

I think you could run a marathon with this one .......fabulous.

Marie

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I love it! I would love to see your booth at the craft fair.

Is there anything that you cannot do?!?!?!

Carmen said...

Ditto to what the princess said - hope you take lots of pictures of your craft stand?

The stamp is just gorgeous - so many uses!

Mary C. said...

Of course, your ideas are awesome. You will do great at the Craft Faire. Wish I could go too.

Ayana said...

This stamp is soooo cute! I LOVE it. I have carved stamps (that is the only kind of stamp I have made). I love your blog, btw. I love how you do everything (that is what I try to do!)