Friday, January 20, 2012

Mixed-Media Clutch


This is the next project I made for my mixed-media sewing class. I kind of love it. 


Instead of stressing about design, I copied Julie's 'alphabetica' pattern because I didn't want to get caught up in the creative side of things and lose my focus on the sewing. 


Being so casual with the paint and markers was actually relaxing. So glad I didn't make it harder then it needed to be.


For the lining, I used some gorgeous glittered (!!!) Day of the Dead fabric my mom-inlaw sent me. Love!!!



Pretty neat, no?


And it fits a Kindle plus wallet and keys perfectly. What more could a girl ask for?


Have a great weekend :-)

6 comments:

Stephanie J said...

That's awesome. Love how you went with a decorative flap on it, too; it really suits the rest of the clutch well! (Sounds like you made it the perfect size, too! lol)

Anonymous said...

I love it! The lettered fabric and the day of the dead fabric go together very well.

milkcan said...

Looks awesome and I love the liner fabric!

CathyR said...

So cool. I live the hand painted fabric, the lining is great too. Great looking clutch.

Carmen said...

Oooooh! And Oooooh again! Absolutely gorgeous!

Ayana said...

Oh my goodness!! I can't believe how amazing this is!! You are so freaking talented. BTW, I would totally link every single one of your art posts (because they are just THAT good)... But that would probably be weird. lol!