Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Beautiful Young Girl Collage

I made this as a custom order for a very special, incredibly beautiful young girl.

 Her favorite color is teal.


And she has the most gorgeous wisps of  gold in her hair. It was so fun trying to capture it with paint.


One of my goals when making collages of children is to make them a little ageless so that the collage will grow with them through the stages where they don't want anything too 'babyish". I want the look to not be adult but to show a glimpse of the woman they will become.

My hope is that the recipient to love her art all through the many years and stages of life.

 

4 comments:

Teri B said...

Are you going to have a print of this in your shop? I NEED IT!

CathyR said...

So pretty. I love the lace peeking out from the bottom of her dress.

Tina said...

I recently found your blog and I love your work! So inspiring :)

Carmen said...

And what an amazing sentiment for her to hold close to her heart as she does all that growing.

Another cracker Nicole :)