Friday, November 2, 2012

Journal to Wall Art

My crafting mode is to find something that interests me and do it over and over again until I can do it without instructions and until I've exhausted all the interesting ideas I have on the theme. You can see that in my Origin of a Christmas Card post (total of 4 tries) and the subsequent Evolving Card Design Part One and Part Two.

So after my poppies art journal page, it was pretty much a given that I'd be practicing poppies all week.


This is a mixed media wall hanging version of the AJ page, still drawing in pen on gessoed index cards and coloring with Golden liquid acrylics. It's created on MDF and measures 6x12 - my absolute favorite size to work with.


I stylized the poppies just a teeny bit more. 


On my table right now is a HUGE stack of poppy covered index cards. I've been messing around with different colors and more exciting, different mediums. Right now the Caran d'Ache Neocolor II's
 are the most fun but not exactly permanent*... hmmm. I'm also loving all my Faber-Castell supplies. They sure know mixed-media.

Available on Etsy

* I just found out that if you blend them with acrylic glaze instead of water they're permanent. Can't wait to try it.

No comments: