Monday, December 1, 2014

Gelli Printed Heart Tag and Card


Julie Fei-Fan Balzer created a very cool challenge called CarveDecember where you carve a stamp a day all month. I couldn't resist. 

I was torn between making a heart or a texture stamp as I've been playing with clay recently and texture is always useful. After going back and forth a bit I decided to do both - a heart with a pattern so it could provide random swirly dots or be a proper heart, as needed.


One great thing about long hearts is that they interlock into a border very easily. 
For the tag above I simply stamped in Staz-On over top a gelli-printed tag. Then I stamped the heart again on white book paper, cut it out and attached it with foam tape.


For this card, I stamped the heart three times on book paper, cut them out and sewed through the middle of the stack. Then I added them to a stenciled, stamped and gelli-printed background and sewed around the edge. 


Happy December!




3 comments:

Gill said...

Fabulous Nicole!
I love your long hearts!

Penny said...

So very cool! Love the b/w hearts with the bg color! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Mary Brack said...

Absolutely beautiful!